the Microsoft positions Surface studio as a system that turns an ordinary table into a creative studio with digital canvas, providing a natural approach to art and design activity. Recently iFixit team has arranged dismantling the computer. Experts noted that RAM, processor and graphics card are integrated with motherboard and upgrade them there is no way. in addition, some components are attached to the display (buttons, sensors and speakers). Replace them in case of
fault will be very difficult.
Recall, Microsoft Surface Studio have the following specifications:
- 28-inch adjustable display with a resolution of PixelSense 4500h3000, support for sRGB color spectrum of standards, the DCI -P3 and the Vivid;
- Intel Core i5 processor or Core i7
- 8, 16 or 32 GB of RAM;
- graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M (2 GB GDDR5 video memory ) or the GTX 980M (with 4 GB of graphics memory)
- hard drive 1 TB or 2;
- support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0, Xbox Wireless;
- support Surface Pen and Surface Dial.
After dismantling Microsoft Surface Studio iFixit team assessed the computer maintainability of 5 out of 10 points. In the process, it was noted that the stand is easy to open, it stores a few modular components, including hard disk. Replace them as possible without disassembling the monitor.